- Plenty of riverfront beach to stroll along, with distant views of downtown.
- A short but pretty nature trail around a pond.
- Plenty of parking. Or travel by bike along the Springwater Corridor.
- The park includes an off-leash area for dogs and, consequently, pretty much the whole park has become an off leash area. If you or your children are averse to random dogs jumping on them, stealing their sandwiches and generally woofing, then this is probably not the best location for you to relax in.
- Beach area can dwindle to virtually nothing as the Willamette swells in winter months.
in the area
It’s just off the Springwater Corridor, right by Sellwood Park, Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, Oaks Amusement Park and just half a mile from downtown Sellwood.
if you like this…
Other riverfront beaches are located at George Rogers, Mary S. Young and Kelley Point parks, with the longest stretch to hand on Sauvie Island.
First posted: July 26, 2016; last updated: July 27, 2016.
Spotted something squiffy?
If you find any factual innaccuracies in this post, please email me via richard at thingstodoinportland dot org so I can fix it for everyone. Thanks in advance!
SE Oaks Park Way, Portland, OR 97202 [Google map].
The good people of Yelp have posted 44 reviews of Sellwood Riverfront Park with an average rating of 4 out of 5.