An easy going wetland hike and nature trail.
hours of fun
All year round. That said, being low-lying and dirt-tracked, it'll be gloopily impassible after heavy rains.
- An easy loop to hike with a variety of wetland environments to experience. No hills whatsoever.
- Very quiet, off the beaten track.
- Route markers (fancifully) suggest local birdlife to spot; and there are a couple of bird-spotting hides along the route.
- Lots of animals around for sharp eyed nature lovers, from frogs and bunny rabbits to garter snakes.
- Muddy in the winter. Wear boots.
- As with every other non-commercial destination on the Sauvie Island, don’t forget to buy/bring your Sauvie Island parking permit. Day use and annual permits are most easily purchased at the general store that lies just over the Sauvie Island bridge.