Smith and Bybee Wetlands
- Off the beaten track, quiet, but still in the city.
- A lot of interesting plant (and if you’re lucky) animal life to see.
- I expect it’s magical if you have a canoe or two. We don’t.
- Mosquito infested in the summer months – pack some DEET.
- The paved footpath isn’t especially long; beyond that everything is pretty much overgrown and eventually impassable, at least for small children.
- It’s a dull schlep back along the road you just drove down from the parking lot to the interlakes trail footpath.
5300 N Marine Drive, Portland, Oregon 97203 [Google map]
This thing to do was suggested by
Bob Hollister – thank you!
Other opinions are available...
The good people of Yelp have posted 5 reviews on Smith and Bybee Wetlands.