A surprisingly child friendly venue enabling one to simultaneously engage in gambling, equine appreciation, mathematical education and childcare.
As of July 21st, Portland Meadows will be running live races most Sundays through January 2014. See their calendar for full details.
- Fairly constant action and activity.
- Animals to look at.
- Large venue with plenty to explore and different angles to view the proceedings. Entire indoor grandstand for when it’s raining or cold or both. Plenty of space outdoors to run around in.
- The sort of food that children and gamblers enjoy.
- You could lose your shirt. All things considered, you’re probably better off emphasizing the fun element rather than trying to convince your children that you’ve got a lucky feeling before dropping ten large on the favorite in the 2:33
- The sort of food that cardiologists recommend against.
1001 North Schmeer Road, Portland, OR 97217-7599 [Google map]