Portland Highland Games
Scotland celebrated in a style rarely seen elsewhere, and you only have to drive as far as Gresham.
hours of fun
Saturday, July 21st 2012
- A mammoth exhibition of Scottish heritage and pride, rarely matched in scale even within Scottish borders, I imagine.
- Impressive displays of strength, machismo, marching, dancing, drumming and pipe-playing.
- Junior games for the littl’ns – with medals!
- Inexpensive culinary delights from the British Isles.
- There is an entrance fee: Adults (18 and over) – $20 each, Youth (6-17) – $10. Children (5 and under) are free.
- At the “Daughters of the British Empire” tea tent, they serve the tea with half-and-half. They should have paid greater attention to their mothers. Still, the Empire biscuits were fab.
Mt Hood Community College, 26000 Southeast Stark Street, Gresham, OR 97030 [Google map]