Portland Farmers Market
Not exactly the cheapest place to buy your groceries, but one of the more pleasant and interesting options.
Saturdays from March 17 through to December 15, 8:30am-2pm
- Great fresh produce and local artisan foods.
- Anything you buy is supporting the local economy.
- The best eggs you can buy retail, if you get there early enough.
- Lots of variety, plenty to look at and talk about.
- There’s a small playground at the southernmost end of the park.
- Not exactly the cheapest place to buy your groceries.
- Gets very crowded around lunchtime, can be a little hectic for tinies.
- It’s kind of hard to juggle shopping bags, your wallet, tomatoes and children. Bring a backpack.
- Unless it’s summer, nowhere to sit down when snacking.
In the south Park Blocks by PSU between SW Hall & SW Montgomery [Google map]
Comprehensive listings of family friendly Portland based events
Jody manages an awesome collection of things to do!
A blog devoted to getting outside and exploring.
Other opinions are available...
“So I read online that this farmers market is one of the hip, go-to places in Portland. Naturally, I had to experience one of these bad boys for myself.
If...” read more
“This is a great resource for student's who want to eat local wholesome produce. Event occurs every Saturday 8:30 am to 2:00 pm, so early bird and sleepy...” read more
“The Portland Farmers Market is a Saturday morning/early afternoon farmers market held on the campus of Portland State University. In recent weeks, I have...” read more
A local photographer / father shares his growing catalog of fun things to do with children in and around Portland. More...
Got a suggestion for something else fun to do in Portland? Let me know...