Portland Farmers Market
Not exactly the cheapest place to buy your groceries, but one of the more pleasant and interesting options.
Saturdays from March 17 through to December 15, 8:30am-2pm
- Great fresh produce and local artisan foods.
- Anything you buy is supporting the local economy.
- The best eggs you can buy retail, if you get there early enough.
- Lots of variety, plenty to look at and talk about.
- There’s a small playground at the southernmost end of the park.
- Not exactly the cheapest place to buy your groceries.
- Gets very crowded around lunchtime, can be a little hectic for tinies.
- It’s kind of hard to juggle shopping bags, your wallet, tomatoes and children. Bring a backpack.
- Unless it’s summer, nowhere to sit down when snacking.
In the south Park Blocks by PSU between SW Hall & SW Montgomery [Google map]
Comprehensive listings of family friendly Portland based events
Jody manages an awesome collection of things to do!
A blog devoted to getting outside and exploring.
Other opinions are available...
“Farmers markets make me happy. Like smile on the inside, giddy happy. Of all the farmers markets I've ever been to, the portland farmers market at psu is BY...” read more
“Wow! Hands down the best farmer's market I've been to in my life!
Metered parking, which sucks.
But other than that... such a huge variety of artisans...” read more
“We parked on the street which was metered and I didn't think we would need a lot of time here. We ended up feeling rushed, because the market was bigger...” read more
A local photographer / father shares his growing catalog of fun things to do with children in and around Portland. More...