North Plains Garlic Festival
If you like garlic and getting out into the countryside, the garlic festival offers a good ninety minutes of entertainment for all ages.
August 10-12, 2012
Friday: 12:00 PM to 11:00 PM.
Saturday: Parade at 10:00 AM, Festival grounds opens 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- If you like garlic, North Plains Elephant Garlic Festival is one of the world’s top ten garlic festivals – according to their website. Unverified fact #1!
- There’s a playground on the festival site.
- Garlicky and non-garlicky country treats. Including garlic ice-cream.
- Free admission.
- It’s a schlep out to North Plains. Pretty, though.
- Smaller in scale than I had imagined. Think Saturday market, only everyone’s got garlic.
30955 NW Hillcrest, North Plains, OR 97133 [Google map]