I’m not sure why it’s taken me so long to get around to reviewing Mount Tabor Park, which has been one of our favorite places to hike and relax since we became a family. Perhaps because the photos don’t seem to do it justice; they reveal the inconsistency / weirdness of the location. But perhaps that’s its charm.
- Miles of hiking trails through the woods.
- Two playgrounds, “Volcano” just down and to the north of the summit, and Harrison Street at the southeast corner.
- A wonderful view of downtown from the west side of the summit; great sunsets too.
- A lot of steps to be climbed and counted (280-something if you ascend from the 69th St entrance at the north end).
- Open reservoirs provide an opportunity to explain issues of water supply to the younger set. Or, in my case, reveal one’s ignorance.
(Officially) SE 60th Ave & Salmon St, Portland - but see map. [Google map]
Other opinions are available...
The good people of Yelp have posted 53 reviews on Mount Tabor Park.