- It’s very pretty; trails through the woods, with the creek running through it.
- Quiet for being in the city, albeit off the beaten path.
- Good for tiny ones perhaps, working up the enthusiasm and stamina for Tryon Creek proper.
- The area’s too salubrious for you to make out the sound of banjos playing in the background; nevertheless one gets the feeling that this is “a local park for local people” – there’s little signage and not much in the way of official parking.
- There’s not much of it. You could hike every trail there is in under half-an-hour if you wished to.
- Did I mention it’s small?
SW 18th Place, Portland, OR 97219 [Google map]