Cinco de Mayo
Portland's Cinco de Mayo celebrations are so big we actually own cincodemayo.org! Personally, I'll celebrate any victory over the French.
hours of fun
11am-11pm, Friday 3rd May - Sunday, 5th May 2013
- It’s a festival in May. Granted, the rest of the Northern hemisphere is bathed in glorious sunlight by this time of the year, but in Portland we generally have to wait until July for festival season to kick off.
- A children’s area / Plaza de Niños. Various staged entertainment. Fireworks at 10pm on Friday night, granted a little late for the littluns.
- The French lost. Viva la fiesta!
- The rides are – as usual – massively overpriced.
- Adults $6, children aged 6-12 $3, seniors $4, littluns are free.
Tom McCall Waterfront Park, 1020 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97204 [Google map]